Professional Master’s Degree in Health Technology Assessment (ATS) Selection Notice – 2018
The Teaching Coordination of the National Institute of Cardiology, in the use of its attributions, makes public that registrations are open for the Postgraduate Program – Professional Master Course in Health Technology Assessment – ATS – 2018.
Candidates with degrees in health (social worker, nurse, pharmacist, physiotherapist, doctor, nutritionist, dentist, psychologist and occupational therapist) or related areas may apply.
Applications can be made at the Post Graduation Secretariat (5th floor of the National Institute of Cardiology, Rua das Laranjeiras 374- Laranjeiras- RJ), between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. or at http://www.mestradoinc.com .br
- Fill out the application form, available at the master’s secretariat or at www.mestradoinc.com.br, and wait for the e-mail with the bank slip to make the payment.
- Registration fee: R$ 100.00 – to be paid by bank transfer, which will be sent by e-mail upon receipt of application.
- The application of the candidate will be considered effective after receiving the e-mail from the registry confirming the payment of the application fee.
- Wait for confirmation e-mail of your application, which will request the following documents to be delivered by the date of exam, except the Lattes Curriculum that must be sent by e-mail 48 hours in advance:
- Updated Lattes curriculum (fill in available at http://lattes.cnpq.br). In the interview process, only data included in the Lattes Curriculum will be considered.
- Graduation diploma (original and 1 copy).
- Two recent 3 x 4 photos.
- In the case of foreigners a model similar to the Curriculum Lattes will be accepted and there is no need for validation of the Graduation Diploma.
- Identity document and CPF (original and 1 copy of each).
- If the candidate does not receive the confirmation e-mail, you should contact the master’s secretariat at phone: (21) 3037-2288 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Candidates who do not receive confirmation of registration by e-mail will not be eligible to participate in the selection.
- Application by proxy, if duly registered in a notary’s office, will be accepted.
All candidates will be submitted to the selection process consisting of:
- 1. Curricular analysis and interview, with a minimum grade of 70%
- 2. Proficiency in English – proficiency in English will be required, which will be assessed at the time of the selection process. The candidate who achieves above 50% will be considered approved. The test includes evaluation of the comprehension of English text without consulting the dictionary.
External proofs of proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge, etc.) will be accepted as prior approval by the coordinator (send by e-mail 15 days before the exam).
- 3. Basic knowledge about HTA – classificatory: to answer a discursive question based on the texts suggested below:
- BANTA, D. (2009). What is technology assessment? International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care, 25(S1), 7-9. doi: 10.1017/S0266462309090333
- DRUMMOND, M. et al. (2008). Key principles for the improved conduct of health technology assessments for resource allocation decisions. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care, 24(3), 244-258. doi: 10.1017/S0266462308080343
- PETRAMALE, C. A. (2011). Nova Comissão Nacional de Incorporação de Tecnologias de Saúde e impacto ao Sistema Único de Saúde. Available at: http://conitec.gov.br/images/Artigos_Publicacoes/Artigo_Clarice_CONITEC-ImpactoSUS.pdf
- VIANNA, C. M. M.; CAETANO, R. (2005). Avaliações econômicas como um instrumento no processo de incorporação tecnológica em saúde. Cad Saúde Colet. Rio de Janeiro; 13: 747-66. Available at: http://www.cadernos.iesc.ufrj.br/cadernos/images/csc/2005_3/artigos/CSC_2005-3_cid.pdf
Note: The candidate will not be allowed to carry cell phones, laptops or any other electronic equipment during the test.
The candidate who does not achieve minimum grade in the English language proficiency exam will be able to take the test in the following year, if approved in the interview and curricular analysis, and may attend as a student in probationary internship, taking advantage of credits.
The probationary period consists of one (1) year offered for:
- Candidates approved in excess of available vacancies
- Candidate not only approved in English proficiency
Students will not be allowed to attend the second year of the course if they do not obtain approval in proficiency after one year of probation.
Number of vacancies
Vacancies are distributed as follows:
- Ten (10) vacancies for free competition
- Preference will be given to students who have passed a probationary course during the previous year, provided that they:
- Are approved in English proficiency
- Passed by grade and attendance in all compulsory subjects
- Presented project of work of conclusion of the course considered adequate by the examination committee. The project (up to 10 pages) should include: title, introduction, objectives, methods, schedule and expected results.
- Probationary vacancies will be offered according to the availability of advisors.
|October 2nd to 31st, 2017||Applications|
|November 6th, 9-12AM||Proficiency exam (English)|
|November 6th (12 a.m.-6 p.m.), 7th (8 a.m.-6 p.m.) and 8th (8 a.m.-6 p.m.) 2017||Interviews|
|November 8th||Final result|
|November 13th to 30th||Registration|
|March 15th, 2018||Classes begin|
The final result will be available at the Post Graduation Secretariat and at the INC website.
- Unapproved applicants will have up to 30 days to withdraw their documents from the Program secretariat. After this deadline, the documents will be discarded.
- The interviews will be scheduled giving preference to students from outside Rio de Janeiro.
- The program does not offer scholarships to approved students.
- Particular cases will be decided by the coordination
- Diploma validation of foreign candidates will not be required.
Registrations and Tuition Fees
Public servants must present a letter of agreement signed by the immediate supervisor or manager of the institution.
No tuition will be charged to students.
- The master’s degree will be held for a period of up to 22 months, with monthly meetings at the following times: Thursdays from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.; Fridays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The face-to-face defense of dissertaton is compulsory. The student needs 23 credits for the defense.
- Credits from previous courses must be approved by the course coordinator.
|Economic Assessment||Aimed at the elaboration of cost-effectiveness models, such as decision trees, Markov chains, Budgetary Impact Analysis and Indirect Comparisons. Includes software creation in the area.||BERNARDO RANGEL TURA
MARCELO GOULART CORREIA
CARLOS ALBERTO MAGLIANO
CLÁUDIA AGUIAR PEREIRA
MARISA DA SILVA SANTOS
|Applied studies to field of Health Technology Assessment||Focused on studies on costing, effectiveness, efficacy and safety of technologies, including systematic reviews.||MARISA DA SILVA SANTOS
JOSE UELERES BRAGA
MÁRCIA GISELE COSTA
|Basic Epidemiology and Research Methodology||MPO||2||30|
|Search and Reference Management||MPO||1||15|
|Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis||MPE||2||30|
|Health Technology Assessment||MPO||2||30|
|Seminar for course completion work||MPO||3||45|
|Defense of final course work||MPO||6||60|
|Special Topics in Health Technology Assessment||MPE||2||30|
|Introduction to Preferences and Qalys Evaluation||MPE||1||15|
|Critical Analysis of Literature||MPE||1||15|
MPE: Professional Master’s Degree – Elective / MPO: Professional Master’s Degree – Compulsory
Marisa da Silva Santos