National Institute of Cardiology Professional Master in Cardiovascular Sciences 2020 Selection Notice
The Coordination of Teaching of the National Institute of Cardiology, in the use of its attributions, makes public that applications are open, according to the calendar, for the Postgraduate Program – Professional Master in Cardiovascular Sciences – 2020.
Applications can be made online, or in person, between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., at the Post-Graduation Secretariat (5th floor of the National Institute of Cardiology, Rua das Laranjeiras, 374- Laranjeiras-RJ).
Candidates with completed undergraduate degrees in any area of the Health Sciences may apply.
Application fee: R$ 150,00
Method of payment: bank invoice issued by Fundacor.
Forms of application: face-to-face or online.
Held in the post-graduate office, located on the 5th floor of the National Institute of Cardiology, from Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 2:00 p.m.
In the face-to-face application, the candidate must complete the application form and submit the following mandatory documents (no need to authenticate any documents):
- Graduation diploma (original and 1 copy);
- Two recent 3X4 photos;
- Updated curriculum Lattes; or curriculum in Lattes format, in the case of foreign candidates without CPF;
- Identity card and CPF (original and 1 copy of each), or passport, in the case of foreign applicants;
- Preliminary research project (with the desired research line, according to the Notice, and title, introduction, objectives, methods, expected results and references);
- Letter of acceptance from the advisor (attached model).
In the case of online application, the candidate must send the application form as well as the same items above, in a scanned form, to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon receipt of the registration form and documents, a bank slip will be generated, sent by e-mail to the candidate. Only after its payment will the application be effective, and a confirmation e-mail will be sent to the candidate. If the candidate does not receive the confirmation e-mail, you should contact Fundacor by phone 2265-5331 or by e-mail: email@example.com
- Applications by proxy will be accepted only through an official document registered in a notary’s office.
- The non-delivery of any of the items at the time of application (face-to-face or online) will result in non-approval of application.
It will be performed in the premises of the National Institute of Cardiology, in a place to be disclosed (on the Fundacor website and by e-mail sent to the enrollees).
At each phase, the score can vary from zero to 10 (ten).
Setp 1: Proficiency in English – eliminatory
English language proficiency will be assessed by examining the comprehension of English text without consulting the dictionary or using translation devices.
The candidate who obtains a minimum grade of 7 (seven) will be considered approved and able to the second phase of the selection process.
As proof of proficiency, external proofs of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge, etc.) of the last 5 years will be accepted subject to Coordination approval. At the time of enrollment, the applicant must request the waiver of the proficiency assessment, in writing, to the Coordination, attaching the proof of proficiency. In case of face-to-face registration, the candidate must also present the original proof for conference. In the case of online registration, the candidate must digitize and forward the proof along with the other requested documents, and must present the original at the interview, if approved for the second phase of the selection process.
Candidates approved in English proficiency in previous selective processes (up to 2 years) of the Professional Master’s in Cardiovascular Sciences or other postgraduate programs will be exempted from a new proficiency evaluation, and for this reason they must request a written exemption from the Coordination, and provide proof of approval in case of external programs.
The candidate will not be allowed to carry cell phones, laptops or any other electronic equipment during the test.
Step 2: Curricular analysis and interview- classificatory
There will be an interview by examining board composed of at least two teachers of the course, in which the preliminary research project presented by the candidate at the time of application will be evaluated and the motivation for choosing the course, the latter being evaluated as an essay on the day of the interview.
The curriculum will be evaluated in terms of academic performance, intellectual output and research experience.
The research project should fit the search lines below, related to an advisor.
The draft (up to 5 pages) must contain title, introduction, objectives, methods, expected results and references.
The minimum grade for the classification is 7.0 (seven).
Number of vacancies
Ten (10) effective vacancies and ten (10) vacancies for probationary internship.
The vacancies will be distributed among the research lines of the Program.
- Candidates with a minimum score of 7.0 (seven), but exceeding the number of places, may be called according to their classification, if there are withdrawals of candidates ranked among the top 10, and according to the availability of vacancies in the lines of research. Summons can be given up to 7 (seven) days after the start of classes according to the annual academic calendar published by the Coordination.
- Probationary period: It consists of the possibility of candidates who obtained a minimum grade of 7.0 (seven), after interview and curriculum analysis, study the Master’s subjects and develop the research project, with a view to preferential admission in the following year. The offer of probationary vacancies will be given according to the availability of vacancies in the research line, at the discretion of the Coordination.
- Students in probation must submit, during the selection process of the year following internship, the interview with presentation of the project. Continuation will not be allowed in this phase if there is no approval after interview and project presentation.
- Students in probation will have preferential admission in the following year, within the number of available positions, provided that they have passed a grade and attendance in all compulsory subjects and have been approved in the interview and project presentation. Projects should include title, introduction, objectives, methods, expected results and references.
|Name||Research lines and advisors|
|Clinical and translational research on cardiovascular health||– Nutrition and cardiovascular health (Annie Seixas Bello Moreira, Graziele Huguenin)
– Clinical research on endocarditis and infectious diseases with cardiovascular repercussions (Cristiane Lamas)
– Multidisciplinary research on heart failure, circulatory care therapies and cardiac transplantation (Alexandre Siciliano Colafranceschi, Tereza Cristina Felippe Guimarães)
– Advanced studies in cardiovascular imaging (Andrea De Lorenzo, Ilan Gottlieb)
– Hereditary cardiac arrhythmias and cardiac arrhythmias (Glauber Dias, Fernando Cruz)
– Applications of Molecular Biology in Cardiology (Glauber Dias)
– Non-invasive microcirculation studies in cardiovascular and metabolic diseases (Eduardo Vera Tibiriçá)
|Innovation, development and management in Cardiology||– Operational research for the optimized management of cardiovascular health processes (Alexandre Siciliano Colafranceschi, Denizar Vianna, Helena Cramer, Tereza Cristina Felippe Guimarães)
– Epidemiological Studies in Cardiology (Denizar Vianna, Helena Cramer)
– 3D Modeling and Simulation in Cardiology (Bruno Azevedo)
– Cell Therapy in Cardiology (Antonio Carlos Campos de Carvalho)
– Development and applications of induced pluripotent stem cells (Antonio Carlos Campos de Carvalho)
|October 1st to 15th||Applications|
|November 25th (10-12 a.m.)||Proficiency exam (English)|
|Dec 2nd and 5th||Interview and essay writing|
|December 12th||Final result|
|January 2nd to 31st, 2020||Registration|
|March, 2020||Início das aulas|
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by phone and e-mail after English proficiency examination.
Interview schedules will be defined by the Coordination.
The list of approved students will be available at the Graduate Secretariat and at the Master’s website.
- Unapproved applicants will have up to 30 days to withdraw their documents from the Program secretariat. After this deadline, the documents will be discharged.
- The program does not offer scholarships to approved candidates.
- Absence in the selection process results in the automatic elimination of the candidate. There will be no possibility of applying tests at dates or times other than those provided in this Notice.
|Subjects (MPO=compulsory; MPE=elective)||Code||Credits||Course load|
|Research on heart failure, circulatory care therapies and heart transplantation||MPE 03||3||45|
|Clinical Research on Cardiology||MPE 04||3||45|
|Translational research on Cardiology: Molecular cardiology, stem cell use and cell therapy||MPE 05||3||45|
|Research methodology and scientific writing||MPO 03||4||60|
|Basic Epidemiology and Evidence-Based Clinical Practice||MPO 04||4||60|
|Research Seminar for Dissertation I||MPO 05||10||150|
|Research Seminar for Dissertation II||MPO 06||10||150|
|Research Seminar for Dissertation III||MPO 07||10||150|
Credits required for defense: all compulsory subjects and 01 (one) elective subject.
Andrea Rocha De Lorenzo
Helena Cramer Veiga Rey
Tereza Cristina Felippe Guimarães